Friday, March 18, 2011

Fort Worth Botanical Gardens

We spent St. Patricks day with cousins Anderson and Finn...and actually from my side of the family! They are pretty much the only ones that exist. :) My cousin Lisa and I are the only two with kiddos yet on my mom's side of the family (my dads side has very few too) and we finally met up on Thursday. The live in Keller, TX so its about an hour from our apt. After a near miss of me thinking we were going to Dallas and Lisa thinking Ft. Worth (as she put it, two blonds planning things) we ended up at the gardens to enjoy the morning...only about 30 minutes late no less!

Then I was amazed to find that the gardens are actually free! Now, you have to pay to get into the section with the fish, but still...great to know there is something free out there to do! We enjoyed a picnic lunch and of course, feeding HUGE fish. Lorelei had no problem getting right up in their face...thankfully she didn't fall in. :) Makin was his usual wonderful self and sat happily looking around in the stroller. We didn't get through all of it, but the kids enjoyed it until nap time meltdowns ensued. Looking forward to many more fun times with these kiddos. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for cousins!! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids seem to be about the same age too, always a plus!

    ReplyDelete