Saturday, March 5, 2011

Some Girl Time

As you may have gathered, Lorelei has been testing my patience a lot lately. We decided we definitely needed to set aside some special time with just her and I. Most of the time when we take the kids one on one, she gets extra time with Daddy. The two of us haven't really done anything just us since Makin was born, and since little brother has been taking horrible naps (teething...and who knows what, you'll hear more later) we really don't get any time together during the day either.

So it was decided we would get time together Saturday morning and....drum roll....get hair cuts! Lorelei has been asking for a hair cut for probably 6 months now, and had not had her hair cut in a year. I had not had my hair cut in 6 months...it was definitely time. However, I will never do it this way again...I'm not sure what I was thinking except that it is practically impossible for me to get much time away for my own hair cut, and Lor wanted a haircut...so put them together and what do you get? A daughter with hair that looks basically the same as it did before her hair cut because you were too busy getting your hair cut to tell the lady "go ahead and do it a little shorter"...most expensive half an inch of hair I could have cut myself. :) Lesson learned...separate hair cuts!

Moving on! We then headed over to the carousel. They told us at the hair place that The Cat And The Hat was there at the mall, so Lorelei was on a hunt for him as well. After a quick high five and picture, we then enjoyed a carousel ride, lunch and browsing in the Disney store (she is now very into Mickey and friends and has never really been in one before). Then when I asked if she was ready to head home, she said no...well my girl is not going to out shop me at age two! So then started the hunt for the Easter dress. She was a great sport and tried on three dresses for me and all of this with no complaining. After a trip home for nap and then driving to a different JCP for her size, we now have an adorable Easter dress!

Two things off my to-do list and girl time too! Guess I should be happy but I'm pretty much just exhausted. ;)



LOVED our time with just the two of us. Going to have to make sure we do this more often! :)

3 comments:

  1. What fun pictures -- looks like the two Stahl girls had a fabulous day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her bow! ;)Sounds like a really fun day.

    ReplyDelete