Wednesday, March 9, 2011

MOPS

Joining a new moms group... I knew it was necessary but really was not very motivated to go this time. Apparently being worn out from everything else leaves me little motivation to make new friends, and just reminds me that I'm sad we couldn't just pick up our friends and bring them with us. My heart broke for several reasons on Wednesday, starting with Lorelei saying "Lily come over see new house" after I told her we were going to a meeting to make new friends. I know the importance of making new friends, so I made us go.

As we got there we were led back to where the kids would stay. I knew that they had sitters, so had tried to brace myself. MOMS Club was supposed to have a sitter for meetings, but they usually didn't show up, or I just kept my kids anyway as did many other moms...not the case here. The church the group rents out for meetings actually has people there to work in three different rooms. Makin was in the baby room and Lorelei was in a room with kids her age. I had to try not to tear up leaving them there, but there were no tears from either of them and the ladies seemed very nice. I kept watching down the hallway for them to come out with Makin but that never happened. TWO HOURS leaving my kids with people I don't know. But you know what? We all survived. And it is probably a very good thing to get those two hours of uninterrupted time talking, eating, and doing a craft (gasp, but again, I survived and it turned out kinda cute). I got to learn some information about the area. While I'm not sure there is much friend potential, they were all very nice. They have A LOT they do each month and there were at least 30 people at the meeting...so very active group. When I picked up the kids they were both smiling and excited. They said Lorelei came to check on Makin a couple of times. (She was right next door and could peek into his room.) She was thrilled about painting her butterfly and on the way home kept saying "Had fun Mommy! Had fun!" :) So I guess it was a success. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting out, talking to adults and finding an active group! :-)

    ReplyDelete