Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bring On The Big Girl Underwear!

Just liked this quick picture of her...very "Lorelei"...a little pretty and a lot messy. :) Took this at On The Border and she was thrilled that ice cream came with her meal...just to add a few more chocolate stains to the salsa...thanks little girl. :)

Never thought I'd use the word underwear on a blog title, but thats how I feel! I have been scared to mention it, but potty training is going AMAZINGLY well! We are now on day 6 of dry diapers and some big girl underwear! (Not counting when she sleeps, but she does wake up dry a lot of the time then too!) Suddenly Lorelei decided it would be fun to use the potty, so now she acts like an old pro! She went from refusing to go the week before, to being able to go every time we asked (I figured out her "potty walk" so that helped) and now to the point of coming to tell us she needs to go. I cannot say how amazed and excited I am. She has even held it while we were driving home and we made a mad dash for a Walgreens, which she thought was hilarious. In the car I was telling her we were trying to find a place to stop (yes we need a travel potty) and she said, "That's fine. I just go in my diaper." :) Thankfully she made it. She even did the "serious business" at the restaurant Thursday night! Amazed amazed and so proud of our little girl. Now my only problem is finding that dinosaur I put on the reward chart... :)

And along with my potty training news I thought I'd add the Lorelei quotes I've been jotting down the last few weeks.

Me: "You want to finish your apple?"
Lor: "No, too crunchy."

Me: "Come get dressed."
Lor: "Just a second." (I know, not a good answer, but I cracked up because I probably tell her that 50 times a day, so it was bound to come out sooner or later.)

Lor: "Smashed like a pancake." (This is what Brad told her would happen if she didn't stay by us in the parking lot...yeah. :) )

Us: Do you need to go potty? Go to your room? etc
Lor: "No nay go (thank you)."

Lor: (pretending to read grocery list) "Diapers, toy for Lorelei..."

Lor: (after a slight trip on the stairs) "Me fall down  BAM BOOM like Goofy." (From Dr. Daisy book, he gets a boo boo.)

3 comments:

  1. Great job Lorelei!!! So nice not to change diapers but another hurdle in finding a potty on the go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that little girl! Thanks for sharing her progress and cute quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Lorelei!!! And I love, love, love her quotes -- so cute. The only bad thing is that reading them makes me really miss you guys. :-(

    ReplyDelete