Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yet Another Potty Update

Apparently the tiny potty we've been using is no longer acceptable, so now we are always using big potties. Okay with me, more room in the living room!

By now she has filled her potty chart, but we are waiting for the big Chucky Cheese celebration until after the OK trip.

The main kink in the potty training lately has been travel..."little girl who cried pee" would be a great title for that one. Pulling over to gas stations, lugging two kids out of the car when I'm on my own, etc has gotten extremely aggravating (particularly when she then doesn't go, but then has to go again 2 minutes back on the road), but we are hoping our "you will sit there until you go" plan will work. Plus we finally got a travel potty, so no matter where we are, we can just pull over and use that, so hopefully that will simplify things immensely. Hoping to get the hang of it on our 8 hr drive...either that or just go insane...so hopefully it will get better. :)

We are very proud of her for doing so great!

The Latest Cutest Quotes:

(When trying to get us to try food...in a singsongy voice...) "It's yummmmyyyyy."

(Brad calling her for something) "Here Mom. (hands me whatever she had) I gotta go!"

After completing a task such as making a tower or stacking some rings she says "Perfect."

I often ask her "Would you like me to do that to you?" in order to get her to learn not to do something. Her reply is always, "Me see." because she wants to see whether she would like it or not, so then I do it to her. :) Usually its not. :)

I was asking her everybody's first name, her full name etc. She knows it but I like to freshen up on the info. She knows Brad and I's first name even though we haven't worked on learning it. Today I asked her what my name was and she couldn't seem to remember, so I said, "What does Daddy call me?" (that is the only way I think she learned our names) Her response: "Babe." :)

Me: "UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!" (it was a long day)
Lor: "Why frustrated?"

L: (wipes her nose on my shirt and thinks its hilarious)
Me: "Don't wipe your boogers on me!"
L: "It friendly." (as in, the boogers are friendly so I shouldn't mind them being on my shirt)


And now I apologize that the last post you will see for a while will be about pottying and boogers...and never thought that would be such a focus of my day...but that is life. :) Until next time...go look at some cuter pictures for now. :) Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Both Chase and Kira did exactly the same thing as Lor on the potty front. Kira would also insist on sitting on the potty for FOREVER, especially on days when we were running late for school. And Lor's quotes . . . way too cute!!! I particularly love the friendly booger one. :-) Totally made me laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete