Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Lorelei loved finding her Easter baskets and we will be working on finishing the candy until Halloween!







Growing up, church was like a second home to me, and the people at our church were really some of the closest family I had since we lived so far away from all our actual family. It was wonderful to see all of them again. We had a beautiful service followed by our traditional Easter breakfast (Yay for delicious food cooked by amazing women!) and egg hunt. Lorelei had no trouble finding eggs and filling her basket. She had a great time on her "Easter hunt" as she calls it. :)


The kids she is lined up with...8 grandkids from the same family. Good thing they showed up or Lorelei would have been the only one hunting! The man nealing next to her taught me in High School Sunday school...by myself until Heather could finally join me, the lady with her at the egg hunt was my ??1st?? Grade Sunday school teacher...they were obviously way young teaching me! Makin had no problem being passed around and getting adored. And last but not least is "Grandma Nita" who was one of our "local grandmothers" who took our family in for many occasions and made us their own, and she is also my godmother.

And now for the family photo shoot...they look beautiful but by then not much cooperation...and Lorelei would much rather play with the dog. :) And have to note, Makin's first Easter! :)



My Favorite Of The Two Kids


And the extended family photo shoot...again Lorelei wanted to do nothing but play with Grace (the dog) and Makin didn't ever look at the camera...after all how interesting is a tripod anyway? Had to include the one with Heather's crazy hair...just couldn't resist. :) I mean, its the Oklahoma panhandle, when can you get a picture where your hair isn't windblown?



The Three Siblings...Lorelei is trying to get Grace to smile for the camera... :) Yes my brother is astonishingly taller than me, and the one with Heather and I the same height is because I was excited in my two-inch wedges that I was her height with her shoes off. :)



We had a delicious Easter lunch. My mom is a master in the kitchen so we were very spoiled with her cooking the entire trip. Makin LOVED his potatoes (contrary to the look on his face in the picture) and Lorelei loved the jello eggs. :)



Thanks for a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

  1. First, that pic of Lor and Makin is fantastic!!! They look beautiful and handsome respectively. Second, Lorelei and the dog totally made me laugh. I love her. And finally, what a happy, happy post. So glad you had such a wonderful time at home.

    ReplyDelete