Saturday, February 18, 2012

Makin Update

I write this post with a very heavy heart when I say that I am 98% sure Makin still has a hole in his palate. Very small compared to what it was, but a hole. During about week 3 of recovery I noticed there may have been some food coming out of his nose, but thought it could also just be normal discharge or that he may have gotten it there while eating. Then I have noticed more the last few weeks.

I emailed CHKD and they said to keep an eye on it and we will revisit if it is a problem in 6 months. 6 months- 1 year is the earliest they would try to close it back up.

As I remembered the surgery - him crying, the blood, the recovery...I could not believe we may have to go through all of this again so soon, but we have to deal with what we have been dealt and there is no use getting all worked up over it.

A little note I saw from Brad's cousin that helped a bit -
It is such a daily challenge to not worry, but to pray, trust and obey. Worry does nothing but steal the joy of the blessings we've been given.

So for now I guess we just pray our socks off that the hole closes up on its own. That is possible (not that they have told me that, but I heard it from the doctor here that it CAN happen sometimes) but I feel very unlikely. Thanks again for all your support!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, E. :-( So, so sorry about the hole. I have an inkling of how hard it would be to go through another surgery and I'm really hoping that that you guys don't have to do that. I love the quote about worry stealing joy. Thinking of you guys and sending good thoughts and prayers that the hole closes on its own.

    ReplyDelete