Sunday, February 26, 2012

Visit From Heather


We were very excited to have Heather visit us this weekend! She arrived a little before 10 Saturday morning (with star-shaped sprinkled donuts, big hit) and after playing around for a while on the swings and such, she and I headed out for a little shopping.

When we got back, we got to work (really she and the kids got to work, I just took pictures) re-potting my poor, poor plant (who is now named Norman according to Heather). I knew if I tried this I would kill the poor thing, and I have managed to keep it alive for 6 1/2 years or so. That is quite an accomplishment with my black thumb. Very good thing my mom (who got it for Brad and I after we were married 2 months) told the lady to give me something that couldn't die! So, thankfully it seems like a successful move for the poor neglected guy.

Then we started to work painting the tree! Yes, we put my sister to work when she visits us now. Heather also had the idea of adding some cute owls made from scrapbook paper for something a little fun, so we got started on those and will add them in a couple weeks when she comes back. We will also work on perfecting the finishing touches on the tree...the kids are pretty much banned from the playroom for two weeks. We are thinking we will just paint the walls as long as we already have everything moved out, so Brad and I have a painting project next weekend. Woo hoo for one personal and colorful room in our house coming up! And oh love having the tree painted and can't wait to see it all done!

Adventures In Tree Painting


Makin...got into the paint within the first two seconds of opening it (didn't have him gated out of there in time) but luckily it washed off his fingers easy. He and I played away from the paint. :) Lorelei...super super excited to help paint. She helped Brad with the entire inside of the "trunk" and was not ready to be done when he had just a little left to finish.
Heather...a glass of wine was much-needed. ;)
And isn't that the cutest owl family you have ever seen!? :) All Heather coordinating scrap-booking paper. And tracing them. And now putting them together for it...I did help her cut them out! ;)

Sunday was more mellow and just had some fun getting ready, going to church, and then some more time outside.


While getting ready Heather drew on the kids with eyeliner, that is what they are showing in the pictures if you can't tell. They were so proud! :)


Glad we get to see you again soon! Thanks for all the help Heather!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun visit and I love, love, love your tree and playroom plans. And that is the most adorable owl family I've ever seen! So excited to see pics of the finished playroom.

    ReplyDelete