Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Okay my poor husband is waiting to start a movie with our supper but had to post really quick since there have not been any blogs for you lately! Sorry I didn't get our usual video of the kids up to wish you Happy Valentine's Day!

We had planned on having a Valentine's Party with the Hughes girls, but since we are still full of germs we decided to postpone it. Yuck, another fun thing we couldn't do! And I am still feeling very crummy. Lorelei and Brad are doing much better and Makin is pretty crummy too, but thankfully not a fever like Lorelei had. SO our Valentine's had to be at home this year!


Brad was wonderful and helped me frost the last-minute cookies. Had planned to do earlier but then we were sick...anyway he did great! Then first thing in the morning the kids got to have one, right before going on our Vday scavenger hunt. Lorelei had a TON of fun finding the clues and figuring them out. Makin was thrilled to finally have new sippy cups...but he can't seem to get them to work. :) Guess we'll keep trying. Maybe when he can breath out of his nose it will help? :)

Hmmmm the extent of Brad and I's Valentines Day...I made him coffee to go. :)












By 9 AM Lorelei had already made her Valentine's hat and had talked me into frosting her cookies (saved three for her to do) so I didn't have to hear her keep asking! I loved how she made her hat, and then she insisted on adding the blue papers to make it look like Bear's hat from our Franklin's Valentines book. She actually wore her hat a lot throughout the day. As I was asking Lorelei to smile while she was frosting her cookie she said, "I can't look at you and smile or I'll mess up!" :) Geeze Mom. ;)


And we continued our new tradition of making heart-shaped pizzas for lunch. And Brad even got to come home and enjoy them with us! Lorelei helped with every part of making them and Makin just watched anxiously for them to be done in the oven. Notice the pic of Brad with the kids Lorelei is upset about not having the car fork...it has been one of those weeks!

And after 5 days of being cooped up in the house, the sun finally broke out and had decent temps so the kids and I enjoyed a bit of time outside before and after nap. Taking a walk, splashing in puddles and drawing with chalk on the driveway. MUCH needed chance to air out just a few germs. Bleh. Still going to stick close to home to try not to get everyone else sick...hoping to maybe be back to normal on Friday but not sure I can stay home two more days!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I didn't get my cookies made since we were gone but we did have heart shapec pizzas for lunch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Valentines Day even without the party! You're so good about all the fun activities!

    ReplyDelete