Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Projects

Project A) Earlier last week I was looking for things to keep the kids busy around the house. We ended up making snowflakes and hearts. My intention was to get Lorelei extra practice cutting...which we did, but cutting a paper folded did not work with her scissors, so she improvised and made her own version of snowflakes with just the edges cut. Then she also colored the hearts I cut out. And the next step was just to hang them up in/above our tree! They love it!



Project B) Home-made window clings. Got this idea from Sara and wanted to try it out. We just tore tissue paper up, put it on laminate paper, then cut into hearts and used double-sided tabs on them to put on the windows.



Project C) Felt boards. I saw this idea at the library way back in October and have been meaning to do it ever since. We made our trip to Hobby Lobby for supplies on Friday and got them put together Sunday. I will be cutting out many different items for the kids to put on their boards. First on the list is snowmen, shapes and their names. And many more to come after that! (Probably will have more on this when more are cut out!)

Project D) Spice rack! After searching for a store-bought spice rack and having no luck finding the size I needed, Brad suggested building one himself and was super-excited. I am just super-excited to have more space in my pantry and get it organized after 6 months of disorganization! So thankful he did this for me!

1 comment: