Thursday, September 6, 2012

Artwork, Homework and Second Day Of School

I have been meaning to share some of Lorelei's artwork on here for a bit and was waiting to put a few pieces together. I love watching how much she enjoys it and how it has changed through the years! :) And what I love the most is that she is now starting to tell me stories about her pictures! :)

The bottom right is a chalk drawing. This is how she has started to draw pictures of people. We all look a bit Mr. Potato Head-ish. :) Love it.

The left picture of the tree...in case you can't tell, is a chocolate tree of course. She asked me to draw her a Christmas tree and then she colored it in. As she colored in brown, she told me that it was a chocolate tree that people can pick chocolate from. She then drew some lines up to the tree, which, of course, are the ladder for people to climb to pick their chocolate.

The top right picture is a bit of fun sketching. Grandma got her a sketch pad and having a pencil was a whole new world for her! The most "human looking" one is me with my new hair cut. :) Then she started to tell quite a story I had to jot down as she was drawing.
"This is snow. All that white stuff. It was cold out there so you put on your mittens. Then we saw a big bear. Then we ran as fast as we could run. When we saw it, Makin was over there, then the dragon took him. Then the dinosaur and daddy were friends. He's not naughty right now!"

:) Changed from a bear to a dragon to a dinosaur, but love these stories!

Thursday was another great day at school. All good reports from teacher and student. One chuckle I got was when I saw her "friends" basket outside the classroom. Tuesday I asked her if her friends name was L...something, whatever the teacher told me. She said, "No, it's Bunny." I told her she must have misunderstood. Thursday I couldn't believe it when "Bunny" was written on the little girl's basket. Apparently her family calls her Bunny instead of her actual name, which was on the name tag! Guess Miss L is a better listener than I thought!

And her first teacher trait she has picked up on? "Mom, you should clap for us to listen, instead of send us to our room." :) And boy the one time I tried it she got quiet with eyes wide, ready to listen. Guess it may just work! :)

She also had her first homework assignment, which was right up her alley. To draw a picture for each day of creation in a booklet they sent home. She did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment