Monday, September 3, 2012

Lorelei At Age Four

I cannot believe our girl is four. I don't even know what to say about it other than I am in complete denial she is growing up so fast and keep telling her we need to put a book on her head.

Miss Lorelei - You are still our outdoorsy, artistic girl. You are sweet and enthusiastic. You love life and help us to love it so much more with everything you are ready to explore. You are a wonderful big sister. I cannot wait to see how much fun we will have together this year. :)

Lorelei notes:
She loves the word SUPER. "Is he/she SUPER nice?" is heard often.

On pretty much a daily basis she finds the need to talk about "bad guys" and will give you a play-by-play of what she will do if someone tries to take her at the store.

She brings up almost daily that she will have her OWN HOUSE. She does say I can come visit.

I was explaining that the doctor wants her to drink lots of milk to make her bones strong. (This happens quite often.) This day she responded with, "Does the doctor say you need to drink lots of coffee?"

One day her brother brought her a coloring book. Her response was "It's ripped!!!" and I corrected her telling her to speak kind. She followed with, "Thank you for the coloring book..." (then quietly to herself) "I guess."


(She was hollering for her dad to come to her room at night after telling us yet again she wanted to try to sleep with the lights off.)
Brad: Need your lamp on?
Lorelei: You guessed it! :)

She loves to say, "This is the best ____ ever." about a lot of things. One funny story that goes along with this was when we were eating out. She said "This is the best isn't it?" and I responded with "yes." She said, "No, your supposed to say, 'What about my food?'"

(Brad came home after getting his hair cut.)
"Your hairs not stick-out-crazy anymore!" With hands coming out of her head to show him what she means. :)




I loved "interviewing" Lorelei to see what she had to say with all of these answers. Almost every single one was a very quick answer with no hesitation. Cannot wait to look back at this someday. :)

Lorelei's Four Year Interview

Favorites -
Food: "Basketti" Just love how she says it. :)
Place: Red Robin
Show: George
Color: Purple
Thing To Do: Swing on the swing set and play in the sandbox
Animal: Guinea pig
Books: Jesus Loves Me
My opinion on that is, she really does not have a favorite and likes (and has thanks to my book craziness) a large variety. She loves Curious George and Berenstain Bears books, but loves many, many others.

Song: Jesus Loves Me
Treat: Granola Bars
Holiday: Christmas

What do you like to do with Daddy? Play with the big blocks

What do you like to do with Mommy? Go to the park and play in the big pool

What do you like to do with Makin? Play on the swing set

What makes you happy? Daddy is home

What do you think about before you fall asleep? Puppies and giraffes

What do you want to be when you grow up? a doctor

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so just wanted to let you know I read this this morning in the middle of getting ready and it made me smile - love that girl!!! Can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks! :) Give her a hug from me (and Makin too)! Thanks for sharing all that fun and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lor has the most fantastic quotes. She is just so funny and smart. I miss you guys a lot. Give your joyful 4-year old a big hug from me, Kira, Chase and Leah.

    ReplyDelete