Friday, September 28, 2012

Craftin It Up...In Fall Mode With Summer Weather

This week we have spent a lot of time at home...partially because all of our usual play-date buddies are busy with birthday party plans and moving and partially because it is still pretty hot. (PLUS there are signs at the parks reminding us the mosquitoes here have the West Nile virus!)

While I love our time at home, I usually get stir crazy. I have had fall crafts and goodies planned since probably July. Thanks to Pinterest, I had to make an entire kid's fall craft schedule (three crafts a week) in order to fit it all in...(same thing with goodies, but not quite so many a week) so we had plenty to keep us busy during our home time.





A couple more keeping busy activities...Brad and the kids enjoyed some time with the dry erase boards in the morning before he left for work. They love, LOVE these. :)

Another time (I think I was baking/cooking) we tried out some of our new shape activities. (Yay for educational consignment sale finds!)










Every morning, since its still fairly cool then, we get lots of swing and sandbox time. I'm usually prying them away on school mornings.


On the school note, Lorelei and Brad worked on a project for Thursday. Brad built most of the boat, Lorelei constructed the sail on her own with an envelope and tape, then painted it with lots of colors, including glitter glue! She had a ton of fun (I had a ton of messes to clean up) and loved sailing her boat in a kiddie pool at school Thursday. I hear more and more "teacher talk" every day (one of my favs, "Let me put my thinking cap on.") and she loves to play teacher, especially to Makin. The only down side was we have had a few more epic melt downs AFTER school. According to her report she is taking a nap, but she cries and talks as if she has not gotten a nap. Kinda expected this on the first week of school, but kicking in on week three (??) seems a bit odd. Anyway, hoping the "after school blahs" go away because our girl is not-so-sweet lately! :)



We also made some amazing playdough this week...maybe more on another post! No pics yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment