Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3 Weeks After Surgery

This was the big bottle/paci day we have been counting down to since his surgery. I have to say it was a bit disappointing. For some reason I seemed to think he would just love having a bottle back and drink happily along with no more trouble crying with gas and we could switch to a normal bottle after a couple of days...this is definitely not the case.
We have to do a lot of work with the squeeze bottle...actually seems like more than we did pre-surgery. I am trying to keep in mind he is using muscles he has never had to use until now, and even the ones he did use have not been used for 3 weeks...so I guess I better cut him some slack. The scab has mostly fallen off and just looks cleaner each day.
We will just be continuing to work out whatever we have to to get the feedings better...hopefully sooner rather than later. :) Looking forward BOTH appointments with the pediatrician and the surgeons on the 9th. Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I need to see him :) After Mom's week here we'll definitely have a playdate to catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete