Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Backyard Pizza Picnic

The not-so-short version of our Tuesday...dragged both kids to DMV where was told by very mean lady that I had to get plates first and if I didn't I would get a $2,000 fine, so went to get plates, they were a breath of fresh air after her (I had to go back out to the car to get one more paper and then filled out papers out there while the kids played in the back of the car where Makin proceeded to color the car rather than the coloring book), then back to DMV where she then very meanly told me I better not have my name on Brad's car or will get that same fine, so I went out to talk to Brad on the phone about whether my name was on his car, then as he looked for me, he accidentally locked his keys in his car. Drove home to get his spare key, drove an hour to his work to give it to him. Then as we were finishing up lunch with him in the parking lot Lorelei was playing in a nearby grassy area and put her hand on an ant den, all I saw was her hand coming up covered in ants. Got about 20 ant bites, so called dad (so thankful for my own personal pharmacist!) and got her meds at the pharmacy nearby. Okay that wasn't very short, but that was our day. Thankfully both kids took late naps when we got home so I could recover a bit. :)

Picnic along with tag, t ball, golf, you name it. Much needed fun family time.

This was a great way to end our glum day...we are loving the evenings out here. The backyard is full of shade and the temps are just perfect right now.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crummy day, but it looks like your evening was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! What a DAY! I'm so glad that's over and that you had a good evening. Hoping that another one of those days doesn't come your way for a loooooooong time!

    ReplyDelete