Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rain Again

And yes I am thankful for the rain. I am. But on pumpkin patch day!? Grrr. Oh and don't forget this is my third and a half day with no help since Brad is gone...so staying home is NOT great way to spend it!

This was supposed to be our trip with MOPS to the pumpkin patch, but due to a LOT of rain we had to cancel it. No worries, I will go another time even if the group doesn't go! :)

So Plan B: Puddles!


And I had to use the chance to match Lor's shirt to her boots. Amanda and John got it for her and we will use it more in a year or so since its big, but thought it would be a fun one for today anyway. :)

Makin had a BLAST in the puddles. This was really his first puddle stomping experience and its safe to say he will fit right in with his sister. Even in his snow boots! :)

And had to add the pic of them side by side to show the height difference! (I know ignore the huge ponytail!) I think Lorelei has shot up a couple inches just in the last month!


Aaaannndd since I had just gotten a fresh dose of air in the "jumping thing" the day before and left it out in the open to get rained on...we had a fun pool trampoline to play in for the afternoon. And yes it was plenty warm to wear suits. Lorelei's favorite move was the "kersplash" where she would jump and then land sitting with a big splash. Makin just loved that he could splash to his hearts content! And I'm just hoping this is the last time until March I have to deal with swimsuits and sand together! (Well, unless we win a trip to Bora Bora or something! :) )

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lor is TALL! Love Makin's face in the puddle pics and the "jumping thing" looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to get the kids bigger sizes so they can grow into the clothes and not risk the clothing being too small when they receive it. However, I had no idea that Lorelei's shirt would be THAT big - sorry! Glad she got to wear it anyway. I ordered a 12-18 months shirt for Sydney, which usually works just fine, and hers is longer than most of her dresses :(

    ReplyDelete