Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Music

Easily one of my top 5 favorite Christmas joys! :) We listen to it all month long and I have not gotten sick of anything yet! Although I can't say Lorelei's favorite Christmas song yet, she loves her "Silent Night" book and also loves when I sing "Jingle Bells" while she is ringing her bell. She loved dancing around to one of the first few CDS we were listening to with lots of lively music. Will be interested to see what ends up being her favorite someday.

Brad strangely likes "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" but I drilled him for a favorite and he ended up deciding on "Silent Night."

I love all Christmas songs, but "Carol of the Bells" would have to be my favorite. Since you have all probably heard that one, I wanted to share another one that is not so popular that I love as well. I first heard it while student teaching because the children sang it for their program as a round with Silent Night. SO beautiful but I cannot find a version like that anywhere to listen to, and it is very pretty on its own as well. Enjoy!





Sadly unable to have its own category because we will not be doing it this year, is another one of my favorite things, Christmas caroling. We used to go every year when living at home and it was always so much fun. We have not gone since moving here, but hopefully will have a chance to go again sometime soon. :)

Make sure you get your fill of your own favorites this month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment