Sunday, December 20, 2009

Weekend Before Christmas Craziness

No matter how much more prepared I have attempted to be this year, the weekend before Christmas has still been crazy!

Friday night I got a jump start on the baking by cutting out cookies and making one of the batches of dough. Then we also finished up the last of the wrapping. Brad actually wrapped his first gift in who knows how long...figured he could handle putting it in a huge Christmasy trash bag! :)

We had a few random things happen during the day Saturday during the baking marathon. First of all we were excited to get a package in the mail from my sister! While unloading the presents I handed Brad his, who then predicted it was his favorite jerky you can only get down by my parents, so he wanted to open it right away. He said "If I call your sister and ask and she says its okay can we open her presents?" :) So I agreed and as you can see he got his beef jerky! Thanks Heather! Lorelei and I both love our gifts as well but have not gotten any pictures yet. :)



Then we have Lorelei riding her zebra like she is riding a bucking bronco...I couldn't believe she was doing this but thought it was hilarious and worth a video...



then I realized the reason for the hand in the air... she is holding her last bite of a cookie! :)

Eventually Brad was feeding her lunch and all of a sudden pointed to her for me to look...this is the first time this has ever happened! She is sound asleep in her high chair! Crazy enough we took her and laid her down for a nap and she only slept an hour! We are hoping she will make up for it today. :)



We later enjoyed a Christmas party at the Checks...but that will be on another post coming up soon...hopefully in between coffee cakes and while Lorelei is still sleeping!

No comments:

Post a Comment