Sunday, March 18, 2012

Consignment Sale and St. Pats Weekend

Brad got a taste of being a full time daddy Friday and Saturday afternoon and evenings. Our huge consignment sale was this weekend. I volunteered Friday and shopped Saturday. It was amazing, as always. The best part is that Brad does such a good job while I'm busy shopping and I love hearing about the fun they have together! Friday they even broke out the sprinkler for a while in the backyard. Saturday Brad said they did a lot of golfing and played outside much of the afternoon. And I am very happy to have almost all of our Spring/Summer shopping done. I hardly had to get anything for Makin except pjs and swimming trunks thanks to Chase and Karter's hand-me-downs. I was very excited to find some wonderful educational toys as well as a few things to stash away for later. :) Soooo thankful that they have this sale! Here is a video to show you what it is like there!



Lorelei woke up Sunday morning and told me she missed me with a big hug. :) Then she said "Whatdya get me!?" :) After tackling the educational toys I was so thrilled about, I showed her the clothes and had minimal reaction. She even went so far as to say, "You shouldn't have gotten me that, it makes me want ice cream...to go to the zoo...go to the ocean..." because there was ice cream, elephant, mermaids on the shirt...you get the idea. :) Just not appreciated around here. ;) Still thankful she wears pretty much anything I pick out...I know all-too-soon I will have her with me picking out some Hannah Montana shirt or something! :)






We had a minimal St. Patricks celebration. I did have cookies we have been eating the last few days, and we used a few clover stickers to have a little fun. That was pretty much it! :)












Just an idea I thought some of you might like that I read somewhere...cut up pipe-cleaners and put them in a jar...great magnet activity! :)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm totally sold on the sale. I want to go to the next one! Get me the dates when you have them, and I'll see what I can do. Glad you got to go and Brad had a great couple of days with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sale! I finally dragged myself to the Designer Consignor sale here last week. I went with the kids on a Friday afternoon, it's just not the same without you to stand in line with on an early Thursday morning!!

    ReplyDelete