Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home Depot and A Splash Of Color

We had a jam-packed weekend. Honestly, I could have Brad take two weeks off and he still wouldn't be done with all the projects I could give him...but for this weekend, we took on painting the playroom.

Brad and Lorelei couldn't miss their Father/Daughter time at the Home Depot workshop. She was elated to get her apron (they ran out last time) and second pin to add to it. She loved showing us how fast the race car they made was. And my favorite moment was when they gave Makin a cookie. Brad said she had two cookies and after eating the first one handed the second to Brad and said, "Here. I want to save this one for Makin." Sweet sister moment.



Makin and I stayed home again this time. Just love getting that time with just him to myself. We read lots of books, played with the ABC train (he usually just rides it around and has not used the blocks as much as I would like because I forget to take the time to show him...you know, second child and all) and worked on puzzles. Loved it.

So, we got a bit of a late start painting, starting just after 10 AM. Overall it went better than I expected. The kids were very well behaved. Brad and I took turns painting alternating with playing with the kids. We had to do some touch ups and extra coats some places on Sunday, but are beyond happy that we have one room painted! I am sooo excited to work on adding the rest of our finishing touches to make the playroom what I would love it to be for the kids. It will take a while longer, but this was such a huge step!



Okay so after painting all day, we were not up for some of the fun date night ideas I had jotted down. This was just a mellow one with our favorite at-home-date-night staple meal, along with watching the Cosby Show. Looking forward to more blog-worthy dates, but wanted to keep encouraging others to have more dates too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the playroom looks fabulous!!! Love, love, love the color. And the tree house is really just amazing.

    ReplyDelete