Friday, March 2, 2012

Lorelei At 3 1/2

Our girl is still as energetic and excited as ever each and every day. Half way to four...can't even think about that. But I am loving age three.

Based on our own measuring
Height: 41 inches
Weight: 34 lbs

You love stuffed animals, plastic animals, any animals and always want us to "talk them" with you.

You are more willing to learn things and finally starting to retain some of that stuff I was stressing over (teach me a lesson to let you do it on your own time I guess!) such as counting and letters. You can count well to 13, and then have a few numbers after that and make up your own. Like five-teen. :) You are finally willing to sing the alphabet with me, and know MOST of it but do much better with a little help. My favorite part is your alternate wording at the end of the song. "Now I know my letters. Sing with me next time." :) You do recognize a few letters. I was surprised a few weeks ago when I drew an L and you told me what it was, and then drew a line and said, "Now its a D." I about fell over. You know your left and right. You are a great rhymer.

You are still Miss Chatty Cathy. You talk to everyone we pass by and have no problem asking them questions about themselves.

You ponder where the other cars are going when we are driving. You are finally getting the idea and say, "Maybe they going to store, or work, or Starbucks, or a park..." etc.

I have to teach you the concept of "tomorrow" several times a day and you are starting to get a better grasp of it. You always say, "Tomorrow after this day?"

You are turning into quite the little Mamma with your brother and it is so sweet to watch. You try and make him feel better if he is upset. You yell at him plenty too.

You have quite the temper and get frustrated very quickly. Your volume is also set to high 98% of the time.

I may have high hopes for you as a shopping partner! The rare time we went to the store and I had some Christmas money to spend on a shirt I got two compliments from you that may make you my favorite-ever shopping partner. I told you that I will have to try it on to see if it looks good. You said, "You don't have to. It will!" :) Then when I tried it on you said, "You don't look like Mommy." I asked what I looked like. You followed with, "Barbie." :) Yep, got the shirt. ;)

You love to make up little songs. Love hearing you sing them.

You are loving the number 100 right now. If there is more than 2 of something you say something about there being hundreds of them.

You love to pretend to be a puppy. All. The. Time. I have to tell you to stop barking at your brother and tell him to stop whatever you are mad at with words instead of barks...just one example. :)

When I told you that you were about to turn 3 1/2 and asked, "Can you believe that?" You said, "Then I can have coffee?"

And my other favorite...when I was talking about how grown up you are getting and say it makes me sad you are getting so old you said, "It okay. I still gonna be Lorelei."

Thought a list of favorites would be fun to look back on each year...so hoping to do this again at least that often to see how they change.
Cereal: Frosted Mini Wheats (you call hay bales)
Book: Charlie The Ranch Dog; Franklin books...very hard to pick favorites...you really really love a big variety and can listen to books forever when we read to you.
TV Show: Curious George; Clifford; Franklin (in that order, but you like variety)
Food: Spaghetti
Snack: carrots and ranch; goldfish
Place At Home: backyard
Place Out: park
Toy: stuffed animals
Song: Old McDonald; Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (because we sing it really fast at the end)

Sweet girl there are many days that I feel like you are just a little bit more grown up than the day before. It is going unbelievably fast. We love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love the shopping story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweet, smart, happy and funny girl!! Love her shopping and her caffeine comments. Your posts about her always make me smile and are such a great start to my day. The only downside to these posts is that they make me miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete