Monday, October 4, 2010

Children's Festival


We were able to get out and enjoy some beautiful weather at the Children's Festival in Norfolk on Saturday. We were running WAY late as I made my Walmart run before that. Brad said he has a whole new level of appreciation for me after watching both kids for 2 hrs on his own. What a great dad! Will have to make sure to keep up my trips to remind him of my hard work. ;)

By the time everyone got showered and dressed we didn't leave the house until 11...very unlike me... at least in the old days! We were bummed as we like to beat a bit of the crowds and definitely paid the price...it was packed! We also missed our performance of "Steve Songs" we planned to go to at 11, so had to wait until 1:30...right in the middle of normal nap time.

Lorelei enjoyed activities with bubbles, musical instruments, dollhouses, bouncy horse, petting a couple of puppies and of course, Steve Songs! :)

Steve is a guy who sings fun children songs in between her shows...so was fun to see somebody sort of famous. They also had character's that the kids could see, but we didn't last that long. :) After waiting quite a while to get decent seats while Brad spent a fortune on lunch (running behind decided not to pack our own...big mistake) and eating nothing but half a chicken strip and chips for lunch, she was ready to go home. We enjoyed what we saw though.



Makin slept contentedly in his seat in the double stroller. As long as I mention that I can also complain that we had only been out of the car 5 minutes before I got asked "When are you due?" UGH. :) I tried not to act too insulted and pointed out the baby right in front of me! ;) Guess I have some work to do eh?

Although I somewhat regret not going apple picking or to a pumpkin patch instead, Lorelei did have a good time and that is what really matters. :) There were many more activities she would have enjoyed but the lines were forever long and 2 year olds and lines just don't mix. :) So thankful we have events like this so close we can go to! :)

1 comment:

  1. People are idiots and morons. If it makes you feel any better, someone asked ME at work the other day if I was pregnant . . . so, I've just chalked it up to stupidity. At least you can lose your baby weight (which I would point out almost EVERYONE has right after having a baby!)They can't grow a brain. :) Glad you guys got to get out and have fun!!! Oh, and you'll have to remind me to bring my boots when I come so Lorelei and I can be twinkies. :)

    ReplyDelete