Monday, October 4, 2010

Lorelei - 25 Months


We are amused and surprised on many an occasion these days with things Lorelei does or says, so have been jotting down notes to try and remember little things. She seems so grown up these days and we are so proud of her.

The other day I was trying to keep both kids happy while Brad was on a phone interview (nope nothing came from it except for an extremely unhappy mom after an already long day, but anyway...) I decided to try and make up a story with Lorelei since I was busy with her brother as well. Of course I made it about animals and just wanted to share a few of my favorite animal names...the bunny was named "Hop" and the horse was named "Yee Haw" :) Gotta love it.

Some Common Sayings:

- "Ta!" with her arms out aka "ta da!" No idea where she learned that.
- "No Way" (not at us thankfully, again no idea where learned that one either)
- "Me Too"
- "Honk!" (while pinching your nose)

She has also gotten more into pretending and will walk around the house marching, skating, catching snowflakes with her tongue, etc.

From Sesame Street she now tries a new "challenge" of patting her head while rubbing her tummy.

The other day I said "what should we have for a breakfast snack?" Her reply was "coo cuh" aka "cookie" of course. ;)

She took her stick horse to her room and I had no idea what she was doing...she came out with her cowgirl hat on saying "yee haw!" So good to get a laugh that day for sure!

She is doing an amazing job of coloring lately and tries to color-in pictures, not so much scribbling and closer together.

We just got our bed up on rises for extra storage so she is not thrilled that she cannot get up on the bed herself. Brad was teasing her saying she couldn't get him since he was on the bed. She quickly ran out to her playroom and got her stool to help her climb up. She showed him. :)

She copies so much that we do and some little things I have noticed are pushing her toy bins in with her foot and wiping the dvd on her pants. :)

I tell her I'll be right back, she makes some monkey sound and then I say "be a good little monkey" :) From Curious George of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment