Thursday, October 7, 2010

Surviving Week 2


...And Actually Leaving The House

Monday - Pouring rain AGAIN so was just like the week before.

Tuesday - Starbucks and Petsmart - We met up with Melissa and Leah and managed to get there on time! Yay! I got to enjoy my PSL while Makin slept (after eating as soon as we got there) and Lorelei enjoyed a little time outside (they have outdoor seating) with leaves, trees and grass of course. Thankfully I had Melissa along to keep an eye on her easily. :) Then took a walk over to Petsmart to try and see if there were dogs getting haircuts and of course checked out the other animals. She did get to pet a few so was happy about that, but can never get enough of them. :) It helps so much to make the day go by faster when we get out of the house!



(Got some cute pics while she was playing with help from M!)

Wednesday - Playgroup at the park - We were all very excited to get to get out and enjoy the weather at the park...well not sure how excited Makin was, but he'll be on board soon enough. :) Lorelei enjoyed the playground and seeing some friends again. They even got to feed the geese! (ugh faking my excitement but the kids love it) Makin thankfully fell asleep in the carrier so I could just follow Lorelei around without too much trouble.

(saying yay thanks for the fresh air mom!) :)

Thursday - Shopping trip - The trip to make me think we should never leave the house again! I'm not sure I have ever been so exhausted from shopping. Toys R Us, Makin did NOT want to stay asleep in the carrier, therefore cried until he was turned around facing out. And here I had my high hopes of him content to sit in there and look out the side as I have seen many a baby do...no such luck. :) Made it an extra challenge pushing the shopping cart etc, but we survived. Then I had to push my luck even more and attempt one more store in the mall...longest trip to the mall for one pair of toddler shoes I could ever imagine. I did reward Lorelei by us eating lunch there so it ended on a good note.

Now I'm super excited that we only have a 4 day week because Brad has Friday off! More to come on the fun events of the day tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look WONDERFUL!! So happy for you that Brad has today off!! Looking forward to seeing you all on Sat and catching up best we can!!

    ReplyDelete