Thursday, October 28, 2010

First Smile

Okay, so I know you can't see the full smile in these pics, but really what do you expect from a 7 week old!?
Wednesday was a big day for Makin. It was his 2 week recovery milestone, as well as when he turned 7 weeks...AND his first smile!
It was just one of those moments worth cherishing that you will never forget. I had Makin on my legs (one leg across the other so it makes a great little seat, one of my favorite ways to veg with kiddos) and Lorelei had climbed onto the chair with us so I was actually managing to hold both kids on my lap at the same time. She was giving hugs and I was just enjoying it so much, then Makin topped it all off with giving us his first big grin! :) First he smiled at me and then turned and smiled at Lorelei. We were so crazy excited and kept trying to get him to smile some more. He did a bit and also smiled for us some more later that evening. We keep working on getting more smiles. I cannot wait until we get to see them more often. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment