Friday, October 15, 2010

"Makin The Brave"

This would be my new name for our sweet boy after all he has gone through the last few days. He is so much tougher and braver than I would ever be and we are amazed at how strong he is.

This first picture was the first one taken on the day of his surgery, probably taken early evening after, which is why he looks pretty swollen.



A few pictures to give you an idea how Makin has changed. As you can see it is a huge difference. Honestly the only part of him I feel like I recognize are his eyes...which are beautiful by the way. :) You may notice the his left nostril looks a bit bigger than the right. They do that intentionally and it will go down after some time. This is also the case with the top lip. As the muscles of his palate grow together and heal they will move down and settle (this is what Brad is relaying since he is WAY better at remembering what the doctors say! :) ) Hope that makes sense. What it sounds like is that he will just have somewhat of a scar but will look pretty normal other than that. Gonna have to work on a good scar story for him to tell. ;)

We are still in the PICU right now and he is doing pretty good. Thanks for all the prayers!

These are the pis we took today.


2 comments:

  1. Such a brave boy and I agree -- his eyes are beautiful! As is the rest of him. So glad I got to see you guys yesterday. Can't wait to hold my little guy. Hope you got some sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe the adhesive on the side of his face is in the form of some little critter . . . that's a cute idea.

    Lookin great and he IS Makin the Brave! Can't wait to see you guys in November and hold my godchild!!! Love you all and keep me posted . . . call me when you actually get home and get settled and some sleep . . . (I know, sleep . . . what's that again?) Miss talking to you!

    "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3

    ReplyDelete